Thursday, February 08, 2007

MACC Scholarship Awards Ceremony 2007

Hi all.

It's me again after a long break. Hiresh Tan that is.

I spent my last few hours in KL immersing myself in the 'above mentioned title' event. Attended this 'auspicious' ceremony with my parents and Chrissy. It was not really all that enthralling especially since the speeches were as interesting as marketing lectures; possibly less.

In fact, the first two speeches were almost too similar, if not identical. However, the speech delivered by H.E. James Wise, the Australian High Commissioner to Malaysia induced a few nods and occasional smiles from the small crowd. He talked about how the relationship Malaysia and Australia share continues to improve and that he hoped the 8 winners would be ambassadors for Malaysia, encouraging students and the other folk in Australia to study and make this country a priority tourism destination respectively.

Anyway, forgive my rambling. Here are some photos that will do more talking. Enjoy, fellow Tan supporters!




James Wise, Susan Cheah ( President of Malaysia Australia Alumni Council) and seven of the eight scholarship winners * notice anything unusual about the winners?*



The photographers demanded we pretend to be mingling with each other..we were actually comparing whose cert looked the best or which had a nicer, more 'sincere' signature from James Wise.. that's the kind of thing you can expect from your future ambassadors


Me letting my father build up his network of contacts


One of theStar reporters, Elaine interviewing Chrissy and I

The funny thing is I was the only male winner out of the eight. So, it was quite depressing especially when I related it to my femlae cousin who said that the reality "exceeds expectations" in a statement in which dripped with sarcasm ( Devaser, M. 2006).

I'd like to say thanks to all those who have supported me in whatever way they have. Whether it was a pat on the back, some advice and positive words or a silent prayer, I am grateful to all of you.

This goes out especially to God, my parents, Chrissy, my fellow Tan founders, Jinn and Fai, Eu Bing, Millicent, Bernard, the Indonesian lasses and single dude (Dan), William and all others!

I bid all of thee farewell and God Speed.

Yours faithfully and sincerely,

Hiresh

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Speed is my line! Good luck Resh! I'll try and take care of Chrissy for awhile. Haha.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home