Thursday, April 26, 2007

For the good of mankind, I beg of you.

Aunty ah...

The fridge is so huge that I can chop you into cubes and fit you inside.

You want company? Why don't I chop your daughter into pieces and fit her inside too?

For goodness' sake I'm only taking up less than 25% of the fridge and you're complaining that I buy too much of crap?

You're the only one doing all the groceries shopping so I guess it wouldn't make me Albert Einstein to assume that EVERYTHING in the fridge is yours.

I'm not invading your space, you are the interloper.

And no, I do not want to go out every night (like you) to buy 1 drumstick and 1 can of beans just so that I can cook 1 drumstick and 1 can of beans tomorrow.

I buy more to keep so that I don't have to make bloody frequent trips to Safeway.

Basic economics aunty, opportunity costs.

I don't fuckin' mind sacrificing freshness in drumsticks but I do mind sacrificing my time and energy to walk out into the dark and all the way to Safeway (not to mention the cold weather) just to buy chicken drumstick.

So when I DO my shopping, rest assured, I'll use up my 25% of space and you won't have room to invade until my groceries are depleted.

Therefore, QUIT whining already!



F A I

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ask your landlady or auntie buy another bigger fridge lar..
pretty logic why want to waste so much time a week just to do shopping trip go and back
tats the not good living with people like tat fridge also wanna fight
earn so much from rent seekers
remember, food is going up.. those trying to get freshness gonna pay more :)
just my 2 sen

10:58 AM  
Blogger fai tan said...

exactly! every trip to the supermarket, back and forth would already take me 30mins. why should i go out EVERYDAY to buy small portions of this and that when she likes her fridge to look empty?

a bigger fridge? u come my place la i show u the sponge she uses to wash plates. its sooooo very cacated that u'd pity the lil piece of sponge and throw it away la. get a new 1. but no.... must save... sponge also she dowanna buy u ask her to buy bigger fridge?

3:36 PM  
Blogger Sesshy said...

Bloody hell I don't mind doing that small portions thingy IF I have a bloody car. But then again if I have a car here I wouldn't buy small amounts with that lovely space in the boot calling to me. YC here btw.

Ok I come your place mid year and see how sad it is xD.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Sir sc said...

ehh how much u pay for the rent?
i think the best way u tell her u r economist..i wanna to improve your living and decrease ur frugality..
i dont understand why people so frugal..
even u earn little doesnt mean u gotta be so frugal..till no life like tat...

8:16 PM  
Blogger fai tan said...

well actually compared to my other friends, mine is pretty cheap: 110AUD. well i wouldnt say that she is frugal. that would mean that she's smart!

she's just dim-wittedly tightfisted. the things that she should be saving on, she doesn't really care. money that's worth spending, she'll be a bitch about it. if i were to elaborate on everything here, the list would go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on............

btw, siapa sc? u're not soo ching r u?

10:33 PM  
Blogger Sir sc said...

tat is very cheap edi for carnegie area, i dont know the lowest but on average is ard 90 to 150 for people u dont know..
if u got friends...
more easy..get one house ...3 to 7 people staying...and u pay more less..but need alot cooperation to do like tat...
nope nope
sirsc = sc
i dont know who am i >.<
just treat me as anonymous

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home